My husband and I were on a weeklong motorcycle cruise down the coast from Washington. We carefully planned our stops along the way prior to commencing on our adventure. I read dozens of tripadvisor reviews while determining where we would settle each day- the Andiron did not disappoint.
The property sits on a hillside, and the cabins are scattered on the hill. The Andiron is across the street from the ocean- and you catch beautiful glimpses through the trees as you lounge on your perfectly situated wooden patios located outside the sliding door. Each room is a bit different- we stayed in the Nature room- which was also cabin #1- and closest to the ocean view. The room was retro looking- sort of early 70 style. There were old boy scout books and campfire girl books- and even a 12 string guitar! This particular cabin had a kitchenette- and the cups and plates were vintage melmac dishes- really took me back! There is a flatscreen tv- and a wood burning potbelly stove in this unit also. Bed was very comfy- and a king size. The bathroom was standard- but the lavender scented bath products were heavenly. No waste here- supplies were in pump containers. Eco thrifty.There is a picnic table- and bbq for use outside of the unit, not sure if charcoal is available at the office or not.
The office is located at the top of the hill- with a couple of goats, PButter n Jelly standing guard. The office offers numerous dvds for checkout- as well as games. Many people have written about the happy hour.....sadly, we were not guests on the weekend- so we missed this opportunity- however, having read about it, I telephoned Scott, one of the owners, and asked if it would be possible to have a mini happy hour set up in our cabin for arrival. He was very accomodating and said, yes, for a small fee- he'd see to it we had a 'happy hour' set up. Was so cute! They had an ice bucket- Owl- with a local bottle of wine and a couple of local brews- plus cheeses, crackers, nuts, and candy all placed in recycled containers (for instance, the crackers were in a marshmellow creme jar) with hand made labels. Simple- yet so very thoughtful- you could tell plenty of conscious care went into not only what we were given- but into how it was presented. Did not get to meet the owners- but it is obvious that hospitality is their game!
Last but not least, there is a sunken hot tub hidden in the trees! Twinkling lights decorate your own piece of paradise- in paradise. There are big fat towels provided in the room for use- and you should definitely use them and the hot tub if you go! We had the tub to ourselves.....and as we were leaving ran into a newlywed couple going to use the tub. Perfection!
Definitely want to return.....maybe try a different room, although ours was cozy and completely fit our bill.
- Also Known As:
- The Andiron -- Seaside Inn & Cabins Hotel Little River
- The Andiron -- Seaside Inn & Cabins Hotel
- The Andiron -- Seaside Inn And Cabins
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Andiron is 11 one- and two-room cabins perfectly situated on five acres of meadow and woods on Highway 1 in Little River, California. Minutes away from everything - beaches, wineries, diving, hikes, Mendocino, breweries, good food - but quiet, relaxing, and fun, our housekeeping cabins and rooms are each entirely unique and reflect our love of everything vintage, salvage, rehabbed, and recycled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Andiron -- Seaside Inn & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.