After reading so many wonderful reviews and looking at the pictures, my husband was excited to find this place... The hotel is situated in a perfect spot and when you walk in the lobby is clean and beautiful. I was excited since it looked so cute, but then we got to our room and I think we must have stayed in the same room as reviewer Maryanne because the spacing was extremely awkward and the room had a weird smell to it. I can get over the older looking furniture and the dark carpet, but the space in between the bed and the wall was so small I had to almost turn sideways to get past the bed into the bathroom/dressing area! The
dressing area is huge, and the bathroom is very clean and spacious – that I love! :) But it was so awkward getting around the room that it was kind of frustrating and not relaxing at all... Very
disappointing. Maybe it's just room 204, but it left a sour taste in my mouth. Just make sure you avoid this one.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel
- Grande Colonial La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel.2013 is an especially exciting year for us as we celebrate our Centennial as the oldest original hotel in La Jolla. Those who visit and first pass under the Georgian arches and lead glass windows immediately have a sense that they’ve entered a place with a magical and storied past.For the past century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West.Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). Complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is also available in each of the guest rooms and suites and throughout all public spaces.Over 5,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor, ocean-view meeting and special event space beckons those groups seeking the intimacy and personalized service of a boutique property – all against a backdrop of La Jolla’s ocean vistas.A heated outdoor pool, valet parking, complimentary bottled water, bathrobes and evening turndown service are just a few of the luxuries guests will enjoy.On-site is the acclaimed NINE-TEN Restaurant, offering the perfect combination of sophistication and casual elegance. Led by Chef Jason Knibb (a 2011 Iron Chef challenger), the restaurant’s Evolving California Cuisine features the best of the harvest from local artisan farmers where produce is selected daily. Recognized by ZAGAT as “exceptional to extraordinary”, NINE-TEN is also a winner of the 2012 Best Hotel Restaurant in San Diego award and boasts a Wine Spectator-awarded wine list. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is served nightly.With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.