Location: Diplomatic Enclave, which is about a 20-30min drive from the airport and about 20min drive from the shopping area, the Connaught Place. You can catch a cab or a rickshaw just outside the hotel. Although one guy who said he was the hotel's cab ripped us off, stating that we had to pay a 30% air conditioning tax. He also tried to tell us it's not safe to take a normal taxi or a rickshaw so we had to go with him. He gave him his 30% but then ditched him at one of the temples we were sightseeing.
The hotel itself was pretty nice. The decor was luxurious but borderline tacky. The rooms were comfortable. It was nice, not great though.
The Bakura restaurant, situated in the hotel, was award winning and you needed to make reservations in advance in order to get a seat. I can see how people would love it but my wife and I did not have a great experience. It was expensive and had not very comfortable seating. Our meal was over $100 U.S. and I don't mind paying that if I'm going to be wowed and I wasn't. The chicken was under cooked so my wife didn't even finish eating her meal. It wasn't bad enough to get her sick, but she lost her appetite. Our waiter was pushing extra food onto us, saying try this dish and if you don't like it, you don't have to pay for it. So I kept having to tell him I didn't like it because I didn't want to pay for it. For a quarter of that price we ate at another restaurant in town that had amazing food and it was cooked properly. Overall, I'm not a fan of the Bakura.
That being said, room service and the breakfast buffet were much better.
Service: Staff were friendly but the front desk seemed disorganized. They didn't explain anything to us and when we booked things such as a late checkout or a ride to the airport, this was not kept on our file. It took a few attempts to clear everything up with them.
Overall: The hotel was nice, not amazing. A lot of our problems were very minor and I could see how others would like this hotel. If I'm ever in New Delhi again, I'll probably look to stay elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Maurya New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Itc Maurya New Delhi Hotel
- Itc Maurya Hotel New Delhi
- New Delhi Itc Maurya
- Itc Maurya Delhi
- Itc Mourya Delhi
- Itc Maurya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acknowledged as the most preferred residence of visiting heads of state and global business leaders for over 25 years. ITC Maurya epitomizes the luxury hotel experience. ITC Maurya is a luxury business hotel with contemporary facilities, located in the heart of the exclusive Diplomatic Enclave, approximately 14 k.m. (25 min) from the International Airport; offering a superb view of Delhi’s green belt, the forested ridge. An imposing structure of superb luxury with 442 Rooms, inclusive of 27 uniquely designed Suites, its architecture and ambiance are a tribute to the age of the great Mauryan Dynasty, that gave Indian history its golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Venere, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your ITC Maurya New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.