We got a room with a view of the lake, which ran us $94 per day, inclusive of taxes. While the view itself was spectacular, the breakfast (included) was delicious, and the setting of the posada itself was just splendid (if a bit run down for parts built only 10 years ago), this was a rip-off for the price paid, considering:
- Rooms were a dank & smelt vile before we aired them out for at least 3 hours
- The bedspreads smelt musty- not a great thing to try to fall asleep to
- mattresses were horrible... our backs hurt after the first day (and I'm used to falling asleep on most hotel mattresses, given frequent work travel!)
- the bathroom was not lit well, and didn't give the impression of being well kept up.
- shower area turned into a swimming pool during a 15 min shower
- air conditioner was absolutely useless... didn't cool worth a whit, which was a bit frustrating given the humidity (I mean, if we'd known we would have to do without effective A/C, we would have rented at one of the hostels at a fourth of the price!).
The wireless access is GLACIAL... remember 14K dial-up speeds? No? Well, you will be reminded when you get here. But I really can't ding them for it since they don't really trumpet this feature, and also one hardly goes to Suchitoto to be on their laptops. It's just that I had an urgent need to submit some materials and it was beyond frustrating to use their wireless access.
On the plus side: the staff was unfailingly pleasant, and as I'd mentioned earlier, the environs of the posada are just lovely... green, lush & peaceful (set back from the city center).
We didn't realize it at the time, but apparently a bit of bargaining does work...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC