I stayed here for a night only in the Grand Deluxe room with a KLCC view. If you want a nicer view and don't mind spending a bit more, take the Grand Deluxe room with KLCC view - it is worth it. You get a huge curved floor to ceiling window, which will let in more natural light into the room during the day and a lovely night view of the KL skyline and the Petronas Twin Tower. The room is also bigger in space too.
We found the room to be well-maintained although the furniture is starting to get slightly dated. However, it was still well-maintained and very clean. We loved the bed and sheets - firm enough, comfortable down pillows and duvet with clean, crisp sheets.
The bathtub has a nice view of the Petronas Twin Towers and the bathroom was spacious. Only minor comment was due to the shape of the room (being a corner room), the shower space felt a little small, but no biggie if you are not too fussed about that. Shower pressure is wonderful.
We appreciated the free wired internet but found it strange that you need to pay extra for WIFI. So whilst you can surf for free on the wired broadband (LAN cable provided), you need to pay for wireless network. But we were still grateful for the complimentary internet access.
The LCD TV had a decent number of cabel channels however, a complaint there was for some reason some channels were not very clear. The images were not sharp and looked grainy for some channels. But that didn't really hinder our TV-watching although it would have been nicer if it had sharp and clear images.
Breakfast was complimentary with the room - decent variety of breakfast items ranging from western to local/asian. Not too crowded at the buffet line and we got reasonably good service from the staff.
The best thing about this hotel is its location. It is literally opposite one of the newest malls in KL i.e. the Pavillion. You could just walk across the covered bridge near the hotel and get to the mall within 3 mins of walking. We certainly appreciated this and spent some time in the mall where you can get lots of food choices - from local to international cuisine, plus lots of shops too. From Pavillion, you can walk across to other adjacent malls in Bukit Bintang and you can even take the bridge to KLCC via the KL Convention Centre. This is certainly a great plus for this hotel.
We thought that the swimming pool was rather small, but in any case, you would probably not have time for a swim when you are just across the malls and with so many other places to explore in KL.
Although this hotel is not part of any international hotel chain, it is well-managed and well-maintained. It is on par with most other international hotel chains as it has all the modern amenities you can expect from bigger hotel chains and good, professional service from the staff.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel And Residence
- Prince Hotel Residence
- Prince Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Prince Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it is business or pleasure. Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur is conveniently located near the Central Business District and the prestigious Ampang Embassy Row, yet only a short stroll away from the majestic Petronas TwinTowers, Suria KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Center) and the entertainment hub and shopping district, Bukit Bintang.As Kuala Lumpur's newest luxury Hotel & Residence, the Prince is designed specially with todays discerning traveller in mind. Providing comfortable, contemporary accommodation and boasting unmatched standards of excellence, friendly and personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Prince Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.