Went with my fiancee to Conrad july 2011. We stayed for 6 nights, 4 in the superior water villa & 2 last days in the beach villa. From the moment we landed in Male airport we were taken up to the private Conrad lounge and the feeling of an amazing holiday started straight away. We were pampered and treated like royality. We then took the 30mins sea plane for a scenic tour of the islands whilst getting to the Rangali island. Amazing view although it can be hot & sweaty in the plane, and also quite noisy although they do provide some ear plugs to help dampen the sound of the engine. But the views do take your mind of small issues like that.. beware there is an additional charge to use the seapland and without the seaplane you cant get there.
Once arrived at paradise we were taken to our water villa, with an outdoor jucuzzi and the most amazing view of the ocean. Imagine waking up and the first thing one sees is the beautiful sight of the ocean. There is access to the ocean via a few steps where we snorkeled and saw the most amazing sealife and fishes. Unbelievable. The water villa is based in the smaller of the two islands which is joined by a bridge which makes for a nice walk. It takes about 5-10 mins to cross the bridge and it makes a nice walk at night seeing the stars and amazin fishes.
The beach villa is different in that it is much larger room and outdoor area. It is the larger islands and where the families usually stay whilst the smaller island is for couples only. We generally prefered the stay in the water villa beacuse of the breathtaking views.
Food was outstanding generally. From breakfast in Atoll to the breath taking underwater restaurant (Iaatha) where there is a set menu, which incidentally set us back around 700USD so not cheap but still gave you the impression of good value. But the best meal we had was the lobster and champagne night by the beach at night which basically was unlimited fresh seafood with champagne grilled to perfection. Also remenber there is happy hour form 5-6 pm where there is free cocktails everyday at the quiet zone.
The trip to Conrad was our first trip to the maldives but by the end of the holiday we were already planning our next trip. We actually then went to Coco palm in Nov for 6 days and actually all we did was think of the time we had in conrad. You cant go wrong going to the Conrad and in fact we will go back there later this year rather than another island, as we now have a comparison to another resort.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Hotel Rangali Island
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Hotel
- Hilton Maldives
- Conrad Rangali Island
- Rangali Island Conrad
- Rangali Island Maldives
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleek, chic and just a little bit sexy, barefoot luxury meets unpretentious style at the six-star Conrad Maldives Rangali Island. Recently awarded “The Best Water Villas in the Maldives”, “The Best Suites in the World” and “Best Spa Resort in the Maldives”, this spectacular resort offers three different resort experiences on two islands: guests can enjoy the quintessential Maldivian hideaway on tiny Rangalifinolhu Island while also having access to the facilities of the larger and livelier Rangali Island which is linked to it by a 500m bridge. The third resort experience is at the Spa Retreat, an over-water destination spa that operates as a resort-within-a-resort.For relaxation, guests can find bliss in the resort’s three spas, dine in 11 restaurants and bars, enjoy an extensive range of excursions, diving and watersports options – including a submarine – snorkel the resort’s vibrant coral reef which is just steps from the beach or take part in unique activities such as manta watching at night, turtle conservation, dolphin-spotting excursions and snorkeling with whale sharks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Conrad Maldives Rangali Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.