We are fans of Club Med holidays, and enjoy bringing our kids on the holidays. However, our experience at Cherating was very disappointing.
We drove from Singapore with 3 young children, and did not get very much assistance upon our arrival. My husband was asked to drop me and the kids off at the lobby, while parking the car, which was ok. But with my own handbag, teh children's diaper bag and their own little backpacks, it was a bit of a struggle to manage the 3 kids. Unfortunately, the GO who received us was not very helpful. She guided me and the kids to the reception area, without offering to help me with the bags at all. I don't think she even noticed I was struggling with the bags and the kids!
The rooms were totally unacceptable. I understand that we weren't expected to spend much time in the rooms, however, I was taken aback at how basic the rooms were. The management really has to do something about that. It did not help that there were bats outside our rooms, so the floor was constantly littered with their droppings.
The food was also pretty disappointing. The variety was not quite what one expected from a Club Med dining experience. The dining areas (and most of the resort) was also poorly maintained.
The highlights of the trip must be the pool area, which were very kid friendly, and the GOs at the Kid's Club. Despite, my discomfort at the level of service and maintenance, my children did enjoy themselves because if the pool and the GOs they interacted with.
After what was largely a disappointing stay, we checked out, with very little fanfare (which is again, very uncharacteristic of a Club Med experience). To make matters worse, my daughter had stomach flu on the last day, and was running a fever. While waiting alone with the children at the porch for my husband to pick up up, my daughter threw up all over herself and me. I was totally helpless at that point because I could not attend to her or myself, and leave the other 2 children. So we had to wait until my husband drove up about 10 mins later, trying to console a totally miserable 4 year old girl.
That totally completed the whole Club Med Cherating experience!
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Cherating Beach Hotel Kuantan
- Club Med Cherating Beach Hotel
- Cherating Beach Club Med
- Club Med Kuantan
- Kuantan Club Med
- Club Med Cherating
- Club Med Cherating Beach Malaysia/Kuantan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cherating Beach seems to perch on the east coast of Malaysia. The pace of life in this 80-hectare Resort, complete with bungalows on stilts nestling amid lush vegetation, is set by the comings and goings of the macaque monkeys, gibbons, monitors, rare birds and multicoloured butterflies. Here you can enjoy one pleasure after another, none of which is anything like the last - an excursion in a dugout canoe, a relaxing session at the Club Med Spa or a cocktail at the bar, to name but a few. ... more less