I spent two weeks in this resort in March 2012. Traveled first time to Kerala with the intention to spend two weeks on the beach and take ayrvedic treatment at the same time. When I woke up the next day after arrival and saw a breathtaking view of the nearby beach and a surrounding lake my first impulse was to run to the beach and soak in salty water. And then I realized that getting to the beach was more tricky than I thought. I am a sea person and love swimming, walking on the beach and just looking into the waves makes me peaceful and serene. And that is what hotel management writes in their leaflet " On the other side, a secluded expanse of beach, stretching 8 kms to the lively resort of Kovalam". What they forgot to mention is that to get to the beach you must first take a boat which takes you within 5 minutes to another side where the restaurant is located. You have to leave the resort area, open the gate that leads to an area with lots of rubbish, dilapidated buildings and local fishermen huts, go through a rugged terrain, cross a few yards, climb rocks and eventually reach the beach. Swimming is virtually impossible because of huge waves and almost on every occasion I was accompanied by groups of local teenagers who seem harmless, but do not leave you alone event for a second. The beach is separated from the resort by a stretch of lake waters you do not want to swim in. On the third day I decided to take a riksha and for 200 rupees one way I was taken to the Kovalam beach (10 minutes drive) for absolutely marvellous swimming and relaxation. To be fair, it is worth stressing that this resort offers a high quality ayurvedic treatment, masseurs are fantastic and professional, rooms are clean and service very good. However, the area within the resort is quite compact and you can either sit at the swimming pool, at your balcony, or cross the lake by a boat and sit in the restaurant. I definitely would recommend this resort for ayurvedic treatment, but not for those who love waking up and going barefoot to the beach for a morning swim.
- Also Known As:
- Beach And Lake Ayurvedic Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Beach And Lake Ayurvedic Hotel
- Beach And Lake Ayurvedic Resort India/Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach and Lake is a privately owned Ayurvdedic Resort, 8 kms south from Trivandrum International airport and 4 kms north of Kovalam beach. It's nestled between the Arabian Sea and the Parvathiputhanar, Karamana rivers, situated on an island, blessed by nature. This tranquil oasis is an excellent hideaway with the peaceful and comfortable surroundings, the stunning scenery, homely and attentive service, Ayurvedic therapy, Yoga and Meditation etc. Ayurveda is a health science, the oldest and most complete healing system known today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.