Just returned from Candolin having stayed at the Aldeia Santa Rita. The flight was good, the arrival painless through the airport and then onto a small broken down minibus with no aircon.
Some friends and family have been to Goa before but not to the North and none of them told us the extent of the poverty and rubbish you see. This is a warning to any first timers to this part of the world, be ready for a huge culture shock. It was only after speaking to other holiday goers who were seasoned Goan visitors that you realise that everyone feels the same dread and immediately want to get on the first plane home, but as they say you get used to it.
Once you get your head round the beggers, young women carrying babys and sellers all after your money, you can settle down. I think the main atraction is how cheap it is when you get there for evrything. The weather and the beautiful beaches. Off the beaches there's rubbish everywhere, they have no waste disposal schemes so they leave it anywhere and burn it.
The hotel itself is tired but friendly. Electric sockets do work but wouldn't get a certificate in this country. The staff are very friendly and helpfull. The food is consistantly good but after 2 weeks a little repeatative. The hotels position is perfect for the beach which is stunning 6 km's of uninterupted sandy beach lined with row after row of laid back shacks. Bonos is a good tip with friendly staff, good food and very clean toilets.
The Hotel pool is a good size but someone has been economic with the truth as the photograph shows it as an inviting blue, it's not, it's green, but suppose that doesn't show up well in the advertisement.
The worst thing for me was the attitude of the perverts on the beach. You get groups of 6-12 men drinking alcohol and letching at the white women. Standing right over you and taking photos of you if your in reasonable shape and your wife or girlfriend. Gets too much after 2 weeks.
- Also Known As:
- Aldeia Santa Rita Candolim
- Aldeia Santa Rita Hotel
- Aldeia Santa Rita Hotel Goa
- Aldeia Santa Rita Hotel Candolim
- Aldeia Santa Rita Resort Goa
- Aldeia Santa Rita Goa
- Aldeia Santa Rita Goa/Candolim
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the style of a Portuguese village, Aldeia Santa Rita provides a delightful escape with its multi-hued, well-manicured appeal. A swimming pool with sun loungers, spacious rooms, each with a private balcony, and a multi-cuisine restaurant (Cravo do India) make Aldeia an irresistible choice for the discerning tourist. The hotel also has a rustic ayurvedic massage and treatment centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Aldeia Santa Rita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.