I stayed here in the fall of 2011 for a one night business trip. The fall colors were just emerging; the hotel is in a truly beautiful setting.. I took a cab from the airport and was told when I got to the hotel that I should have just called them and they would have sent a shuttle. This was the first thing communicated to me as I arrived, and the tone in which the bellman told me this was rather off-putting, like "I should have known better" than to take a cab. I booked the hotel through my company's website and did not notice any info about the shuttle.
Staff at the front desk were very hospitable and welcoming upon arrival. The lobby is well-appointed with a warm feeling of a woodsy lodge.
The room was nicely furnished, but nothing really spectacular. I ate in the casual coffee shop type restaurant and the sandwich size was huge but very dry. The French fries were so salty they were inedible. A smaller size sandwich would be preferable. I could not finish the whole thing. The cafe was closed for supper, so I got room service later and it was "just okay." I did not have a rental car for this trip and decided to have all my meals at the hotel.
I took a stroll to the waterfront (between 1 - 2 miles round trip) and it was a pleasant walk with trees of changing colors. There is traffic on the busy main road but it is a nice walk to take. And the lake (or bay) is really peaceful. It's a beautiful part of the country that I had never really known much about.
Since my trip was just one night, I was not able to take advantage of all the amenities and activities the hotel offers. Despite the less than stellar food, I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Traverse Hotel Acme
- Grand Traverse Hotel
- Grand Traverse Resort
- Grand Traverse Resort Spa
- Grand Traverse Resort Acme
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our 900-acres northern Michigan Resort just outside of Traverse City. Enjoy 54 holes of championship golf, spa, indoor/outdoor tennis, indoor water playground, fitness center, private beach club, 4 restaurants, shopping & more. Choose to stay in the signature 17-story glass tower, in a condo down at The Shores or in the newly renovated Hotel. We look forward to hosting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Grand Traverse Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.