Before talking about this beautiful hotel, I want to note a point that, some of the reviewers visit Makkah during Hajj and Ramadan and they are very selfish that they expect to be treated extraordinarily unique like a fragile sheet of glass and expect hotels to shine from cleanliness and expect high standard food to be available at anytime; not keeping in mind that there are around 3m ++ worshipers at one time in a small city and it is practically impossible to control the known standards.
Back to Dar Al Tawhid, the word "Tawhid" it self has a beautiful and blessed meaning, it means the belief in the existence of one God only, Allah All Mighty.
With the beauty of its meaning, this hotel is a truly five star luxury hotel in all its aspects, not like the other so called five stars in the same area which are really fake and not up to standards.
Once you enter this hotel, the first thing you will notice is the warm welcoming smiles, beautiful floral smell and lavish luxurious decorations in gold and blue.
My booking was done through intercontinental.com so my check in was done in less than 5 minutes, very professionally and very efficiently with a bright smile.
I was guided to my room (530) which was over looking the city, as Haram view was not available in the website while booking. The room design was luxurious victorian with beige theme and gypsum with antique effect all over the walls, big, very clean, superb bed, very cosy & comfortable with all the amenities you expect.
The room was equipped with:
- Bell and intercom.
- 32" TV with interactive hotel system which allows you to do certain things. (32" TV was very small for the room's size, it should be at least 40")
- Superb air conditioning.
- Mini fridge with snacks. (overpriced)
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facility all over the stay.
- Complimentary newspaper all over the stay.
- IP telephone set.
- Control panel next to the bed which allows you to operate lights, a/c, curtains, TV, door, etc while sitting in one place, it also had a digital clock with alarm and world time.
- Numerous electrical sockets.
- Live Azan from the Haram through a speaker with adjustable volume.
- Dressing room with a big closet, safe box, scale, mirror, laundry service, iron & board, two extra pillows, blanket instead of the duvet already placed on the bed.
- Big bathroom nicely decorated with beige and blue marble which has a bath tub, walk in shower, w/c, bidet, hand shower, luxurious toiletries placed next to the sink, slippers, abundant towels and two bathrobes.
etc. as there is a lot to mention about this masterpiece hotel.
The over all service (room service, concierge,etc.) was excellent, outstanding and very efficient. The room was seriously cleaned everyday, and it was done quiet fast! This thing is really not common in other hotels in Makkah!
The only disappointment was the hot breakfast buffet, with limited and odd choices i.e minced meat with rice, mashed starch (so called potato) ?! etc. while the pastries were excellent, with delicious and buttery taste.
I wish the management could review the quality and taste of the food served to make the experience perfect.
The staff have good attitude, smiling, helping and welcoming except for some locals which showed some rudeness, but this is somewhat normal in most of Makkah's society and not all.
My overall experience was wonderful, and for sure, this hotel will be my choice in the future Inshallah.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Dar Al Tawhid Hotel Mecca
- Intercontinental Dar Al Tawhid Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Mecca
- Dar Al Tawhid Intercontinental
- InterContinental Dar Al Tawhid Makkah/Mecca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Dar Al Tawhid Makkah is located in front of the Holy Haram, giving most guests uninterrupted views of the city s religious centre. A number of holy shrines including the Jannat Al Moaalah Graveyard are a short walk or taxi ride away, as are the Touwah Well and the Central Business District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Expedia so you can book your InterContinental Dar Al Tawhid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.