For some reason, this mountaintop seems to be very noisy. Most of the time I have visited, there is a construction project of some sort going on. In the case of this resort, the last time I was there, they were building a reception building, and there was a tremendous amount of noise. It seemed as if they were drilling into the walls, or cutting floor tiles, or something. The noise rarely ever stopped. I was in the area recently, and it appears they are now renovating their office. I ate at the restaurant, which I like a lot, but forgot to bring my earplugs. The noise was deafening, as it appeared they were cutting floor tiles, or? My conclusion is that the owners are renovation junkies. It is a tribute to the resort, that they spend so much time and money keeping the place up. But, at what cost to the guests who have the misfortune to be staying there during the renovations. I would encourage you to inquire in advance, to see if they are engaged in one of their exceedingly frequent renovations, or construction projects, in advance, if you value your peace and quiet. Having said all that, it is a lovely spot, and the management are very kind.
- Also Known As:
- Sandalwood Luxury Villas Hotel
- Sandalwood Luxury Villas Hotel Koh Samui
- Sandalwood Luxury Hotel
- Sandalwood Luxury Koh Samui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a hillside amongst tropical gardens, our luxury villas are a stylish combination of traditional Thai design and modern elegance. Each villa has its own unique charm, and features a balcony, terrace, pool, or Jaccuzzi from which you can enjoy breathtaking views of Koh Samui across the clear blue bay of Chaweng. Our resort consists of ten Thai style pavilions positioned on different levels around two shared infinity swimming pools. Each pavilion is linked by landscaped gardens with intricate stone walkways and lush flora. Camellia, Leelawadee, and Plumeria villas each have their own private pools. We are ideally located between the two main beaches, Chaweng and Lamai, and within a 15 minute drive of every major attraction in Koh Samui. Whether you're a couple seeking a romantic getaway, a family looking for a fantastic holiday, or a larger group wanting the entire private estate, we are at your service with our 5 star Thai hospitality, and very reasonable rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Sandalwood Luxury Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.