Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by friendly staff. Quickly went off the rails after that as there was a problem with the reservation. Still not sure who to penalize - Expedia or Hilton so I won't unfairly malign the Hilton staff. However, they could have managed it better other than putting us to the side for 15 minutes instead of checking us in and figuring it out as we went along. They were nice about it, just poor process. Even during writing this review I'm debating the extent I should penalize them for the error. The staff were genuinely nice to us though so it's tough to get too Rambo on them.
The hotel was in a decent, not great, location. Plus side, beside a mall with lots of amenities, beside metro, and train station. Down side, metro ride or 10 to 15 minute walk to the areas you would likely want to visit/eat. Although their are lots of cafes and restaurants in the area.
The room we had was a good size for Europe. Comfortable beds (firmish) and soft pillows (my preference, not my wife's - doh). The shower pressure was on the low side of average. According to the MacDonald Chesthair Movement Scale (copyright pending) the shower pressure could move my chest hairs, but not by much. 4/10. If you purchase the Internet access, which is not cheap (€20 per day), you will be impressed by the speed. FYI, I'm hard to impress in this regard. Other than that, pretty standard room.
We didn't have the room service while we were there but we did have the breakfast buffet. It is on the expensive side for what you get (€18 per person). However, it is a reasonable selection of cereals, bread, fruits, eggs, and sausage. The restaurant staff were friendly and helpful.
We paid what we thought was a reasonable price per night (US$180) so based on that number we walked away thinking the hotel was good. I would be hard pressed to pay too much more and say the same based on other alternatives in the city.
If you decide to go, Budapest is lovely.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Budapest Westend Hotel Budapest
- Hilton Budapest Westend Hotel
- Hilton International Budapest
- Hilton Budapest
- Budapest Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown Hotel located within the West End city centre complex in the business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Budapest WestEnd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.