THE GOOD: the hotel is charming, spacious, pretty clean and has beautiful views. The restaurant serves a wonderful guava soufflé and a good carrot soup. The service is good and the staff is mostly nice. THE BAD: the gardens are completely neglected and although they were working on the lawn, it needs improvement. I had the worst hamburger I have ever eaten in my life. The bread was stale and too small for the pattie, I asked for medium-well, and it was dry and more than well done. The gnocchi was bland, completely tasteless. The entree portions are ridiculously microscopic even for an upscale restaurant. The roasted chicken was quail-size with less than a tablespoon of pure (mashed potatoes)!! THE UGLY: particularly at night, the strong sewage stench is unbearable! The dogs roaming around the property, altough well-behaved, are not a pleasant sight either.
I had a wonderful time, but the property needs some TLC and PLEASE take care of the sewage problem. I really wish them success so it can go back to its former glory. I would go back again and give it another shot.
- Also Known As:
- Horned Dorset Primavera Rincon
- Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel
- Horned Dorset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horned Dorset Primavera is a small luxury hotel located in northwestern Puerto Rico, two miles from the town of Rincon. It is set among rolling hills at the edge of the beautiful Caribbean Sea and is known for reserved European service executed in an atmosphere unique in Puerto Rico and the award-winning Restaurant Aaron. The hotel is a member of Relais & Chateaux. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Horned Dorset Primavera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.