We just had a fantastic holiday at Mariner Shores! With 3 children aged 11, 13 and 16, as well as my mother-in-law, we had done a lot of research on where to stay and were absolutely delighted with this location, the amenities and the easy access to everything you could possibly want.
The apartment was clean, spacious and had a lovely seaview. We had really pushed for a seaview from the moment we booked so were delighted even though we were only on the second floor at the front of the apartment block. However, we just loved the position, we could watch all the people using the Esplanade pathway, with the 'gym' equipment for public use at regular intervals all the way down to Burleigh Heads. We could see the sunrise and the surf from the balcony, without leaving the apartment and the fabulous barbecue deck was just above our apartment, which we used every night. The barbecues were always spotlessly clean and the deck area immaculate. Just watch the heat on the barbecues though, they get extremely hot and there's no way to regulate that except let it go off! (the management might like to moderate that).
We barely saw the children, our 11 year old boy loved all that the Games room had to offer but particularly the X-Box. The free movies in the 'theatre' were a hit, if only for the novelty factor. Our 13 year old daughter made sure she used and tried just about everything, the games room, the spas, the in-door heated pool and we all borrowed boogie boards and hit the beach several times just to have a go (they are free to hire from the resort). Our eldest daughter was a slave to the spas, and of course, all three children had to go to Dreamworld. Together with friends they caught a Shuttle Bus to and from the park (which came to the door of the resort), which meant we adults could make the most of the steamroom and sauna as well as the indoor pool and spa. We just didn't get into the gym, or onto the tennis court, there just wasn't enough time, although the children managed to fit in a game of putt-putt with their Gran.
We did have a meal at the Surf Club the first night and for 6 of us we felt it was good value, the portions were very generous and the quality of the food was good. The rest of the time we barbecued, although Pancakes in Paradise in Surfers lured us back for the second and third time!
The little shopping centre across the road has everything you need, supermarket, chemist and varied take-aways including a great cafe called Zaraffas with delicious butterscotch muffins! Just down at Burleigh Heads is a surfing school called Godfathers of the Ocean and all the children had a memorable 2 hour session along with several other budding enthusiasts. The beach across the road was well patrolled and we took full advantage as we can't always swim in the sea in the Far North.
We did relent and go to Wet'nWild for the day, but check before you go as there were a number of rides closed for maintenance and all the hot spas were emptied (luckily the weather was good but we would have been very cold if it had been overcast and the temperature lower with no hot tubs!). The bus service is excellent and pick up and drop off is right outside the resort.
The staff were brilliant and could not have been more helpful. Stfan, Aleisha and Dawn were great and went out of their way to accommodate us and answer all our questions. We would not hesitate to return, this resort has everything you need for a beachside holiday, just a wonderful place to relax, close to everything you would need and just perfect for spending time on the beach in a carefully patrolled area. The children could never be bored, they ran out of time to try everything and so did we. We all absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Mariner Shores Resort & Beach Club Hotel
- Mariner Shores Resort And Beach Club
- Mariner Shores Resort & Beach Club Hotel Burleigh Heads
- Mariner Shores Resort & Beach Club Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Burleigh Beach Mariner Shores offers a total of 60 fully self contained 1,2 & 3 Bedroom apartments will full kitchens and laundries in every room. Amenities include, indoor and ourdoor pools and Spas, Gym, Sauna and Steam Room, 18 hole Putt Putt Course, Day & Night Tennis Court, Games Room, Toddlers Play Space, Free Internet Hot Spot, Adults Lounge, Theatre, 4 seperate BBQ Centres, Free Sure Boards, Boggie Boards, Beach Furniture, Cots, High Chairs & Baby Baths, Free under cover security parking (1 car per unit). Tickets & Tours booking service and direct dial phones in all rooms.Family orientated resort accross the road from a Coles, Bottle Shop & Medical centre, plus a bus to Surfers evey 20 minutes from a stop near at the highway entry to the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Mariner Shores Resort & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.