We recently spent 4 nights at Gagadju, staying in one of the lodge rooms. Arrival and check in went smoothly and we were greeted by friendly and welcoming staff. Checked into our room, which was basic but fine. We didn't expect four star. The room was clean and has pretty much everything we needed, fridge, tea and coffee facilities, clean bathroom, plenty of towels.
There are two pools, both of which we used and they were presented well and were very clean.
We ate in the restaurant only twice as although the food was fine it was VERY expensive. I think it a little unfair as they have a captive audience if you are staying in the lodge rooms. We had thought ahead and brought breakfast provisions and snack foods for two of the nights. It may be an idea for management to co sider an all inclusive package to include breakfast and dinner.
We did the sunset Yellow Water cruise which was spectacular, thoroughly enjoyable.
We also did a 4WD Adventure Tour which was also good but they did make some mistakes in that they hadn't put enough lunches on board and there wasn't anything for me to eat!! Ruben and Sam (guides) did their best and gave me a piece of fruit and a muffin but I have to say it spoiled it after that as I was ravenous for the rest of the day! I spoke with Louisa on reception when we got back and she was very professional and sorted the mistake out for us. However, I would like to comment to management that when staff also go on the trip (assistant manager I believe), it would have been good manners on his part to have come up and spoken to me about it and to ask if he could be of help. I would most certainly have done this. Apart from that the trip is good but they need to be better organised - just throw a couple of extra lunches on to cover any mishaps.
All in all, we had a nice stay but if we went again we would likely stay in the campsite area adjacent to the lodge as you have all the same facilities for a fraction of the cost.
- Also Known As:
- Gagudju Lodge Cooinda Hotel
- Gagudju Lodge Cooinda Hotel Kakadu National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by Kakadu National Park at the gateway to the world famous Yellow Water Billabong, relax and re-energise in the air-conditioned comfort of your room. The indigenous owned Gagudju Lodge Cooinda offers easy access to Yellow Water Cruises, Warradjan Cultural Centre, Jim Jim Falls, Twin Falls, Nourlangie, bushwalks and boat entry and exit points for an exciting day of fishing. From our private airstrip take a charter plane for a spectacular birds eye view of Kakadu National Park. After a day of adventure or relaxing by our resort style pools, enjoy alfresco dining and drinks at Barra Bistro Bar or retire to your private courtyard for a spectacular sunset and natural beauty of the surrounding area. Gagudju Lodge Cooinda has 48 Lodge Rooms, 24 Budget Rooms, 106 powered and 300 unpowered camping sites. The property has a lagoon pool, picnic and bbq areas, general store, fuel station, tours desk, alfresco bistro and bar, enclosed restaurant, internet cafe, kids playground and conference facilities. All of Kakadu's tours can be booked at the central hub of Cooinda including the award winning Yellow Water Cruises - 2011 & 2009 NT Brolga Award Winner - Major Tourist Attraction, Gagudju Adventure 4x4 tours, Animal Tracks, Kakadu Air scenic flights, Murdudjurl Cultural Tours, Kakadu Culture Camp, Yellow Water Fishing Tours, Arnemlander tours and much more. Gagudju Lodge Cooinda is indigenous owned business including Yellow Water wetland cruises, Gagudju Adventure 4WD tours, cultural experiences and accommodation including Gagudju Lodge Cooinda and Gagudju Camping Cooinda. We have the largest collection of facilities catering to tourism in Kakadu and are focused on positive outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We have an active and ongoing 2010 NT Brolga Award Winning - Indigenous Employment Program where local Bininj trainees are developed, mentored and supported to have an active role in the tourism ventures. Gagudju Dreaming is owned by the local Traditional Owners in partnership with Indigenous Business Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Gagudju Lodge Cooinda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.