My husband and I stayed at the Stamford in a superior room. The overall experience was average. We expected the place to be a five star but it is probably a four star at best.
Although the rooms are supposed to be refurbished they are still fairly dated with no real personality or personal touches. The colours are very bland. The bathroom was ok however not particularly clean. We also found it noisy - there seemed to be no sound proofing from the rooms next door and the people walking in the hallway outside.
We found the pool area nice however surprised after a bit of looking around there were no pool towels anyway to be found. Most guests seemed to wear their bathrobes from their bedrooms and walked back to the rooms soaking wet.
The breakfast choice was average again. The fruit selection was limited and espresso coffees not included in the buffet.
Overall the experience was at the Stamford was ok but nothing really stood out about the place. Most of the service was good however again lacking the personal touch. If you are looking for a bit more I would stay at the Langham or Pullman.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Stamford Plaza Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Auckland New Zealand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-class luxury in the heart of the city, just minutes away from the harbour and viaduct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Stamford Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.