My husband and I spent 5 nights at this hotel last week. We can not speak more highly of the service: check in staff, 'bell boys' (for want of a better expression!), concierge; everyone was welcoming, efficient and helpful. We were very impressed. The room we had was lovely (one minor disappointment was that there was no bath in our king bed room, but I got over that quickly) and the block out blinds made the room pitch black - exactly what you need when away from the children and wanting to sleep in.
The only minor problem was that we were there last Sunday when the hotel was without power for about 5 hours. When we checked in late the night before, the manager on duty came and explained what was going to happen and issued us with a glow stick. We already had plans to be out for most of the day and ended up only being in the hotel for a little while in the early evening before we went to the movies. The staff were very efficient and helpful in what was a difficult situation. We were escorted to our room so we could get there safely and there were lots of glow sticks around (and the staff had torches I think). My husband ended up playing 'Star Wars' with one of the staff (how embarrassing!!). We were very impressed with how this situation was managed by the staff.
Thank you to everyone there. It was a great break.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel Melbourne
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel
- Intercontinental Melbourne
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto Victoria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as one of the world’s hottest and best new hotels by both Conde Nast Traveler and Wallpaper* magazines, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is a fascinating example of the city’s fusion of old and new. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto represents the resurrection of one of the city’s last remaining examples of 19th Century Victorian Gothic architecture into a timeless and inspiring luxury hotel. Its city centre location on Collins Street is at the heart of the laneways, attractions and experiences that give Melbourne its international appeal. Behind the Gothic façade is a sleek yet intimate hotel that is home to two very different bars – the Bluestone Wine Lounge and the Market Lane Bar – and a variety of dining establishments, including Alluvial Restaurant and Guy Grossi’s exciting new venture, Merchant. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto has also teamed up with Shannon Bennett, providing valet parking for his new Vue de monde restaurant on the 55th floor of the adjacent Rialto building. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto’s warmth and exceptional service belies its size, with more than 250 guest rooms across two soaring wings, including a stunning collection of suites as well as the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge and facilities for premium guests. The hotel’s rooftop is also a destination itself, home to the kitchen’s own market garden and beehives, the Scandinavian-inspired swimming pool and the glass-encased fitness centre overlooking the Melbourne cityscape. Also available is the luxurious candle-lit East Day Spa offering east-meets-west treatments and therapies. Before guests arrive, they can take advantage of the concierges’ passion and Insider knowledge of the city. Chief Concierge, James Ridenour and his team are the key to authentic experiences of the real Melbourne and everything the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.