DO NOT GO - My partner and I booked to stay for 3 nights and ended up staying for 1 because it was so awful. We were looking forward to sailing around the island in a catamaran and eating delicious seafood in the restaurant. The online advertising lead us to believe it was a resort with resort facilities - but it was a nightmare. The food was disgusting and there was no restaurant. We had to buy food from the 'cafe' which was only open limited hours. The food was not even cafe quality and we couldn't even eat our dinner. We left it uneaten and went hungry. We could not wait to get off the island as we could not stay there and eat that food for 3 days. The rooms were falling apart and the whole resort is like a ghost town - literally falling down. There were no catamarans and when we asked we were told that 'nobody ever asks for them'. We went to the pub which opened at 5pm and the floor was sticky and dirty and obviously hadn't been cleaned and the toilets were also disgusting. The only other people in the bar were the staff. The staff were nice enough but obviously not concerned with people's holiday experiences. They were all young backpackers obviously enjoying themselves. After reading other peoples comments I am appalled that this place is able to get away with continually treating people this way and ripping people off. Most of us have to save hard for our holidays and expect to be able to at least eat the food we pay for. This is so bad for Queensland Tourism and as a Queenslander I am disgusted at this treatment. We ended up staying at Airlie Beach Hotel which was lovely. I only wish we went there first.
- Also Known As:
- Adventure Island Hotel South Molle Island
- Adventure Island Hotel
- South Molle Island Hotel
- Adventure Island Resort South Molle Island, Whitsunday Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adventure Island Resort on South Molle embodies real island spirit. This eco friendly tropical paradise boasts 30% of the Whitsundays Great Walks, has a rich Indigenous History, is abundant in native flora and fauna, and is encircled by reef. Catering to all ages 18 and over, guests can engage in snorkelling and paddle boarding, bushwalking, relaxing by the resort pool, exploring the 17 secluded island beaches, help feed the wild birds & fish or play a round on the 9 hole golf course.Set in a protected North Facing Bay on South Molle Island the Accommodation is situated right along the white sandy beach and rimmed by Coconut Palms. Adventure Island Resort has 200 rooms, a restaurant, bar and café and conference facilities. Explore, relax, reconnect with nature and meet like minded people at Adventure Island Resort on South Molle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Adventure Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.