My partner and I stayed here recently and really enjoyed it. The staff were so helpful and happy book activities and answer our questions. As there is no supermarket/store on the island, you have to eat from the bar or restaurant. The bar food was between $17 and $30, and had about 10 choices. They were reasonably sized meals. The restaurant was buffet style and priced between $30-$40. We discovered the souvenir little shop had sandwiches $6 and fruit $2-$4 and some small boxes of cereal on day 3, so we ate our lunches and breakfasts from there to save some money. If I went again (which I would), I'd take some groceries over to make breakfasts, and lunches as I get a bit sick of bar food after a few days. There is plenty to do on the island, SUP, canoeing, swimming, tennis, mini golf, snorkelling, and the bush walk to the other resort is a must. The beach front rooms were basic but had new bathrooms, but had beautiful views out on the bay. The bar had a good selection of cocktails, and always had good music playing day and night.
- Also Known As:
- Long Island Hotel Long Island
- Long Island Hotel
- Club Crocodile
- BreakFree Long Island Resort Whitsunday Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes the perfect holiday? That something special. That magical something that lives on in your memory for the rest of your life. That indescribable feeling where years later you still get a warm fuzzy feeling about your holiday. Long Island Resort in the Whitsunday’s has all the magic that the holiday maker could ever want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Priceline, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your BreakFree Long Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.