Stayed here for 3 nights, in a 4 bed dorm (all male).
- Fantastic location, right next to the station and a pleasant walk to the CBD/Opera House etc.
- Staff were efficient and courteous, they're busy but I observed them answering lots of questions well :)
- Both dorm and all common rooms were clean, tidy and well decorated. Personally the other guys I had in my room were all very quiet and nice, but dorms are as always luck of the draw. The option for mixed or same sex dorms is always there too. Apparently there are also ensuite rooms, although I have heard the ensuite is not actually in your room as such (so probably worth checking that).
- Dorm had nice big lockers (big enough to fit a large suitcase). You can buy a lock for $6 from reception, but obviously cheaper to bring your own. Otherwise pretty much standard dorm, bunks etc.
- Bathrooms were clean and neat. Only 3 showers in the b'room on my floor (for probably 20+ males), however one always seemed to be available when I needed it.
- Plenty of computers available for internet (can't remember rates), or you can logon to their wifi for ~$8/day. A good number of powerpoints in common areas for laptops, and one per person in the dorm.
- Personally didn't use the kitchens much but they looked REALLY good. Heaps of prep areas and tons of stovetops. Lots of fridges (label your food system), and a free-for-all fridge where you can leave stuff for everyone to use. Very cool.
- Other features include a onsite restaurant (low scale, pub level cost), cinema with free movie nights, arcade games, pool table and fuseball table. They also apparently have a pool, gym, and sauna but I did not see these so I can't comment.
All around, I was extremely pleased. I had booked here in a rush to get somewhere to sleep, and it was cheap, cheerful, and seemed to be a great location for both party-goers and more chilled types. Very good location seals the deal.
- Also Known As:
- Sydney Central Yha Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Central Yha Hotel
- Central Sydney Yha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sydney Central YHA hostel is Sydney's hostel with everything and the best value choice in the centre of the city. It is housed in a heritage-listed building opposite Central Station. It has panoramic views of Sydney from the rooftop and outdoor area, heated pool, sauna. Sydney Central facilities include kitchens, laundries, games/TV rooms, locker hire, limited parking, group accommodation/meeting rooms, disabled access, 24 hour security access, YHA Travel desk, internet, bistro, convenience store. There is even an inhouse cinema with two free movies a day! Regular activities include pub crawls, sporting events, market tours and BBQs. Winner 2008, 2009 and 2010 National Tourism Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Sydney Central YHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.