I stayed for one night at the Intercontinental Sydney and have nothing but praise for the location, the staff, the service and my room. Circular Quay, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Sydney Opera House and The Rocks are just a few minutes by foot away, and the lovely Botanical Gardens are right across the street. It took me about 5 minutes to walk to the hotel from the Circular Quay rail stop after taking the train from the airport.
Check-in was easy and efficient, and my room was ready when I arrived at 10:30 a.m. The official check-in time is 3 p.m. so I truly appreciated the opportunity to leave my bags in my room instead of storage and to freshen up before looking around the city. Each staff member who I came into contact with from check-in to check-out was cordial and helpful. The concierge
staff was outstanding -- absolutely outstanding. They listened to me carefully and responded to my needs as an individual, rather than making "one size fits all" recommendations. Anytime I passed by a staff member, he/she greeted me and flashed a pleasant smile. I felt really welcome here.
My comfortable, quiet, immaculate 17th-floor room looked out on the city and botanical gardens. It had lots of space and held a king bed, window seats that could accommodate four people, a couch, a large desk with desk chair and side/end tables. The furnishings were in excellent condition. A push of a button sent night blinds over the huge window to darken the room and give privacy in the evening. Bathrobes, slippers, an ironing board and an iron, a safe, and a mini bar were a few of the amenities. The good-sized bathroom offered a tub with shower and fluffy towels. The neutral interior colors soothed and the carpeting appeared to be new. I especially appreciated the excellent lighting. And, yes there was a big flat-screen TV.
The 31st floor had a pool with a breathtaking view of the city and harbor as well as a fitness center, operated by a private concern but offered free to hotel guests.
Best of all, it was a fabulous value for me because I got a good deal on the room through Hotwire.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel
- Sydney Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning InterContinental Sydney blends contemporary style with 19th century architecture and offers sweeping views from Sydney Harbour Bridge to the Pacific Ocean. A perfect base for work and play, InterContinental Sydney is bordered by the city s commercial centre, Circular Quay and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Steps away is the historic Rocks area, Sydney Opera House, the Art Gallery of NSW, leading shops and boutiques and some of the finest restaurants this Harbour city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Priceline so you can book your InterContinental Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.