I stayed here for a night in January. It was a saturday night. The room was well maintained and clean. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. There was nothing overly special about the hotel but it was fine.
There were two big downsides. First, this is a big party area. If you are there on a friday or saturday night, the streets fill with drunken punks who can't behave. I stood in my window overlooking the street and watched people throwing beer bottles and yelling and screaming. And it definately spilled over into the hotel as well.
Sadly, when I came back from an evening at the theatre, and someone had thrown up in the hallway near my room. It was quite disgusting. I informed the front desk, and the girl looked horrified. I don't know when it was cleaned up, but it was clean in the morning. I can't really fault the hotel for this. I just know some people would not feel comfortable in this area.
My other major complaint was the buffet breakfast. It was rediculously overpriced. The buffet food was mediocre in quality, and the fruit didn't taste fresh at all. We could've gone to a number of nearby cafes and had food for a fraction of the cost. I would recommend taking a little walk in the morning and finding something more reasonable for breakfast
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney Hotel
- Holiday Inn Potts Point
- Holiday Inn Sydney
- Sydney Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Potts point is a 4-star, contemporary hotel located just 5 minutes from the city in cosmopolitan Potts Point. Each of our modern 286 guestrooms come equipped with a choice of soft & firm pillows, 32-inch flat screen TVs, high speed internet access and comfortable en-suite with dual pressure shower head. Enjoy spectacular views to Sydney Harbour or an outlook onto vibrant Potts Point from the comfort of your room. Experience some of Sydney’s best bars, cafes and restaurants only moments from our doorstep and explore the historical architecture and cultural embellishments Potts Point is renowned for. Kings Cross train station is located adjacent to the hotel. Just one stop will take you into the CBD and in the other direction it's just two stops to Bondi Junction, making Potts Point an ideal base for exploring both the city and the beachside eastern suburbs. Hotel facilities include the Mediterranean-themed Sirocco Bar & Restaurant, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, a fitness centre, guest laundry and secure carpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.