if you want THE most romantic, relaxing (or not) retreat for two, you can't (you shouldn't) go past crystal creek rainforest retreat.
we stayed in the mountainview lodge, built in june, 2011. the whole front of the building (and it's the size of a not-so-small house) is floor-to-ceiling glass and looks out on to the rainforest and the escarpment.
plunge into your own plunge pool, clothes optional because no other lodge can see you. or have a (shallow) swim in crystal creek itself, between swinging on one of the hammocks strung over the water. or take an easier short or more strenuous longer hike.
with our package, all the meals (except one, which we ordered separately) are delivered 90% prepared to the lodge, and you finish them off when you like - on the barbecue outside or in the modern kitchen. then you can eat when and where you like: out on the deck, or inside by the light of 24 candles after having taken a bath together, sipping wine, in the over-size freestanding tub by that same candlelight...and perhaps with a fire in the stove, even in the summer.
watch a video on the flat screen tv, and so to bed under all the "LOVE" paintings on the wall, with all the candles still flickering.
amazing service: for example, we'd forgotten to bring moisturizer so a staffer picked up a jar of organic MooGoo for us in nearby murwillumbah.
we've travelled widely, often staying at high-end hotels and resorts around the world. truly, it doesn't get any better than this.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat Hotel Upper Crystal Creek
- Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury romantic getaway on the far north coast of NSW Australia, between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast hinterland. Private luxury cabin, bungalow & lodge accommodation with large sunken double spas, fireplaces and heated plunge pools. All individually set on 250 acres of genuine old growth rainforest with World Heritage National Park on three sides, assuring true peace and privacy. 8 Kms of rainforest walks, 400 year old trees, stunning creek & rock pools. Full gourmet dining menu, packages with breakfast and all meals available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.