I visited the ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria for 3 Nights in December for a pre-Xmas getaway. Having stayed in Riu Hotels before, I expected their traditionally great standards! I was not disappointed; although the rooms were simple but comfortable, and the hotel does lack a beach, this did not detract from a great stay!
The hotel building and the gardens were what stunned me about this hotel. The vast majority of the rooms are in the main building, so there is plenty of space to walk around in the gardens- the hotel never felt overcrowded. I also don't think I've ever seen so many sunbeds around the pools- definitely no fighting for space here! Maspalomas is only a short walk away along a lovely promenade if you do fancy getting out and about.
The food was impressive as always at a Riu. A vast selection of food to suit any taste. the pool/snack restaurant was especially good for lunch, very popular with guests as you can dine al fresco when the weather is nice.
We didn't experience any of the entertainment while we were there, so I can't comment on that. The bars were great, with a generous selection of cocktails included in the All-Inclusive package. The bartenders, especially Fernando and Jose, are a great laugh! Very speedy service with a smile!
There was also very reasonable coin-operated internet at this hotel, and I could not fault the reception for their helpfulness- true professionals. The hotel itself thrives on feedback, so you'll probably find, as we did, that we were given a feedback questionnaire on our second evening there.
Overall, a great value All-Inclusive, perfect for a getaway for couples, friends and families alike. Anything else you would like to know that I have not included here, please feel free to message me.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 3 and 6-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 m2 garden. 900 m from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 m from various shops. 37 km from the airport. 100 m from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Otel, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.