When my boyfriend and I arrived at this hotel we were greeted with a car service to take us from the carpark to the front door, which was lovely as my boyfriend is so lazy.. This was a complimentary service that I have never seen at a hotel before..
Once we got in, we got checked in straight away and couldn't wait to get to the pool. Got to the room and it was really beautiful with a lovely view.
We then noticed that we didn't have any bath robes to go down to the pool, so rang and requested some, but after 20mins we had to ring again as they had not arrived. We also noticed that there was no milk in the room for the tea, and no biscuits (which I don't know if there should have been but there usually is in a hotel).. So we got the impression that our room hadn't been finished..
We then went down to the pool and was a bit disappointed that we had to pay 2euro each for caps, we wern't aware that we needed them otherwise we would have brought our own. Despite this, I think 1euro would have been sufficient as they didn't even cover our heads!
We were both blown away by the spa area when we got there, it really is amazing, but we were a bit disappointed when some of the jets in both the indoor and outdoor pool didn't work. It also would have been great if the outdoor pool was heated..
Later on we went for dinner in the bar and it was gorgeous!
The next day we went for breakfast and there was a few issues, the table had tea cups on it, but we weren't asked if we wanted tea.. My boyfriend had no spoon for cereal and then we had no tea spoons for tea. There was no milk left on the tables either and there was nobody about to ask for some, we had to get up 3 or 4 times to ask for things which didn't make breakfast very enjoyable.
Then when we were checking out... The lady nearly charged me 30euro for a box of pringles out of the mini bar instead of 3euro, in which case I'm glad I was paying with cash or I may not have noticed straight away the amount going onto my card.
Over all there was a few things a bit disappointing, but over all a lovely hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan Hotel Cavan
- Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan Hotel
- Radisson Cavan
- Cavan Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Farnham Estate brings centuries of the very best of traditions - hospitality, welcome, natural beauty - and blends them with contemporary comfort and service, creating a destination unlike any other in Ireland. The moment you enter the driveway at Farnham Estate, you are greeted by acres of rolling countryside and a peaceful haven that can not fail to capture the spirit of relaxation. Located in the heart of this magnificent estate, just 3 km from Cavan town, is a world class Health Spa and the very stylish Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel. Inside and out, Farnham is a playground for the senses. From the softest fabrics to the most delicate local ingredients, every detail has been carefully chosen to create a sense of total well-being. Guests may come to Farnham to experience the Health Spa. They may arrive in search of fine cuisine and stunning wines. Or some of the most beautiful suites in Ireland. But whatever they seek at Farnham, they will leave having rediscovered a sense of peace and harmony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.