we were staying in a cottage only to find out there had been a mix up of dates. Approaching 11pm I had to wake my 2 yr old daughter & ask my uncle & 77yr old grandmother to get dressed as the owners had found us 2 rooms at the Oakbank. They dropped us off as I had consumed alcohol & refused to drive anywhere. The owners told us the hotel they had found would cost us £40 each which I thought wasn't too bad & didn't expect to be charged for a 2yr old. As it turned out it cost us £200 for the single night for the 4 of us. The rooms were nice enough but not 5 star by any means, the dining room was very nice but the breakfast was a let down. Maybe the disappointment of what happened to us clouded my judgement but for me this hotel just isn't worth the money. The fact there was a dirty coffee cup in the room didn't help either, I don't mean just stained. Obviously the last guest had used one cup & it was still there with an inch of coffee in the bottom.
- Also Known As:
- Oakbank Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank House Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an AA 5 Star accredited Guest House in the centre of Bowness on Windermere overlooking the lake. 11 of our rooms are en-suite. All have showers and some have a bath and shower. We provide free leisure facilities near by with a swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and mini-gym. Prices include breakfast for two. We have free on site parking with free WiFi. ... more less