Very nice family run guest house on the esplanade, very near rail station and 10 mins walk to ferry port. Rooms are not very large, but adequate and everything was very clean. Very friendly welcome - we were given a cup of tea while they registered us, and our bags were taken upstairs before we knew it!.
This guest house has fantastic green policies - from eco cleaning materials, low energy use, careful water management and local sourcing of eggs, dairy, meat, Dorset Cereals muesli etc The jams and preserves at breakfast were made by a woman round the corner! Natural products in the bathroom. We were surprised then to find major multinational coffee and tea brands, rather than Fairtrade/organic certified tea and coffee from a more local Dorset based company like Clipper which would have been nice. Also no filter, only instant, coffee at breakfast.
However, this guest house has got a Gold Award for its Green policy, so is really leading the way. Coupled with the friendly people, the excellent location, it is absolutely brilliant value for money and we would definitely stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- The Channel Guest House Hotel Weymouth
- The Channel Guest House Hotel
- The Channel Guest House Weymouth, Dorset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Channel is a bed and breakfast situated in a beautiful grade II listed Georgian town house. Originally built in 1797 and located on Weymouth’s famous Esplanade, our bed and breakfast is opposite the award-winning sandy beach and looks out over Weymouth Bay, which is a view which has to be experienced to be fully appreciated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Channel Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.