I stayed here with my boyfriend in august. We got the train from the airport and hotel is only a short walk from the train station.
We were pleased with our choice when we arrived. Hotel is large and modern. Quick and easy check in and our room was ready. Room was modern and very clean. Also nice bathroom.
The main reason we chose this hotel was that it has a swimming pool. Many of the hotels in the area dont and after a long day sightseeing it was nice to cool down at the pool. It can get very busy and i think non guests can pay to use the pool as well, so can be busy in the hotter months.
Hotel is close to the centre but on the edge, a short walk from a street with lovely restaurants. We had a drink at the hotel bar and sat on the terrace one night to enjoy the views as the sun went down. It was nice but the bar didnt have a very relaxed feeling and was a bit expensive and snooty.
Buffet breakfast was fab and lots of choice, cereals, fruits, breaks, eggs, pancakes! One of the best buffet breakfasts ive had on holiday!
I would recommend this hotel and defo stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.