If you are looking for a sea-view, modern hotel in a more 'sterile' part of town then this is not for you.
If like us you appreciate a bit of character and the interesting, artistically decorated abandoned buildings (of which there are many in Faro) then you will enjoy Alfonso's neighbourhood!
The hotel itself has been modernised, we had a really good room, everything you need in it, a balcony, bathroom en suite, good breakfast and pleasant staff. Normal inner town traffic noise - dustbin collection at 1am two mornings a week is a 'surprise' but did not wake me up the second time :)
I found this bargain package deal through Travel Republic and can wholly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Residencial Afonso Iii Hotel Faro
- Residencial Afonso Iii Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Afonso III is situated on the banks of the Ria Formosa, near the city center, this unit, under family management, it is allowed it ideal for those looking for both relaxation and activity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Budget Places, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Olotels and Otel so you can book your Residencial Afonso III reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.