Spent here 4 nights during 2011 Venice Carnival
- the staff, very friendly and willing to help
- location is very good in San Giuliano 5 min walking to bus station, but access to the station is with risk (see negative)
- I saw a big parking in the front of the hotel. I presume is free. I did not used a car during my stay, but I put parking as a plus
- breakfast. I'm putting this as positive. not an exceptional one, but I saw much worst
- no Internet in the room; if you want is extra cost (5 eur/2 hours) and the only access point is the hotel lobby; for me to stay in the lobby was not convenient, so it is a minus
- I think this hotel is from 1970. except the LCD TV everything else starting with furniture,bathroom and ending with elevator I think are from 1970. I like history and museums, but only to visit not to live in :(
- no pedestrian area to access the bus station. You have to walk 200 m on the right side of the highway to access the bus station; kind of risky in my opinion
- it is classified as 4 stars, but I think 3 starts is the correct classification
Now generalities about this hotel.
Location: San Giuliano. This is a small village in mainland near the Venice. Taking in consideration the price of the hotels from the heart of Venice the option to be located on the mainland should be taking into consideration.
Easy access with bus no.5 and no.19. It takes 15 min from Piaza Roma to the hotel's bus station which I may say is very reasonable as time
Timetables for 5 and 19:
No 5 is also the connection of the hotel to the airport
The public transport Venice company is called ACTV. They are operating both land and water. Prices are here:
I have bought on arrival in airport one 72h pass using the ACTV machine located there which accepted my credit card. From airport to hotel = 30 min
About the buses.... They are not stopping to the bus station unless you wave your hand to them when approaching. Also if you are inside the bus they are not stopping to the next station unless you press the button which rings a bell to driver to aware him to stop
So, to answer to the question:"Would you recommend this hotel to a friend? "
I may say yes because I am a reasonable tourist. But for others this could be a negative experience.
My final note is 2.5/5 which means average.
- Also Known As:
- Russott Hotel Venice
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Russott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.