This place is actually a big apt with 3 or 4 rooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a big balcony. The host lives in another apt in the same block, upstairs from this one.
I couldn't imagine a better place for a visit to Rome. It really had everything we hoped for:
- The host is VERY nice and helpful. He answered all our questions, gave us a map of Rome and explained how to get around. He also offered free wifi. When we told him we didn't have a laptop, he said we could use his computer in his apt, if we wanted to.
- The apt is quite big. Our room was spacy and had lots of furniture in it: a desk with a mirror, a table and chairs, a closet, cupboards etc. Everything was very clean. The bathrooms are for sharing with the people in the other rooms but that was no problem for me since they were always very clean. There's a kitchen where you have breakfast in the morning (fresh croissants every day, coffee, tea, cereal, toast, jelly.. very ok for Italian standards) and where you can cook at night. There's pots and pans and everything you might need to have your own dinner.
- It is in walking distance of the Colosseum and very close by a metro station, so you can get to any site without going through too much trouble.
- There's a restaurant closeby (2 minutes walking) that serves good and affordable (I would even say cheap when you compare to other places in Rome) Italian food. It's also very nice to sit there since the other guests are actually Italian people and not just tourists.
If I would have to think of anything less positive about this place, then it would be this:
- Our bed was a couch bed and therefore not very comfortable. I probably wouldn't even have noticed if I wasn't 6 months pregnant at the time though..
- Our room was the only one that didn't give out on the terrace, so we couldn't access it. Luckily the nice girls in the other room let us go there through their room so we still got a chance to sit there and have a drink at night.
- Also Known As:
- a Home For Holiday Hotel Rome
- a Home For Holiday Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps from the Basilica of St John Lateran, close to Rome historic centre, the B&B is the perfect choice for tourists who want to explore Rome and stay in a welcoming and familiar atmosphere. A Home for Holiday B&B features 2 rooms, an ample terrace and a kitchen and, the fact that is a family-run Bed and Breakfast, will make you feel at your ease, like at home. A free wireless Internet access is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Budget Places, Travelocity, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your A Home For Holiday reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.