The price we paid for this hotel which included food was exceptionally good. The service was excellent and the communal areas beautiful.
The rooms have good bathrooms with excellent hot water- bath/ shower facilities and clean. However the bed we had was dreadful (I don't suffer from any sleep problems and am not at all fussy. See other reviews if you don't believe) twin beds pushed together and not only that rock hard and very old. The bed linens and were itchy and old fashioned and the pillows useless.
We left our room unoccupied for two nights to stay on Capri and these were the only two nights sleep I had. The other guests seemed to do a lot of clunking about and dragging furniture around which disturbed us all of the time.
I don't think I would do another package holiday as the other guests were more typical 'Brits on tour' which I hate.
The prices here were excellent and the drink costs very very cheap. Don't listen to people who say they were expensive I think it's because of the type of people package holidays attract.
We did our own excursions taking the train to Herculaneum and the boat ourselves to Capri. This was very easy and I can't imagine why people would want to be herded about in groups of coach tours.
Location of hotel excellent, right on he edge of the town which is beautiful and local food/ drinks very cheap and delicious.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Hotel Capodimonte
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambiance, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.