The hotel itself is fine - slightly dated (70s styling in the bathroom etc), but it was comfortable enough. The good points were:
- friendly helpful staff
- good tv with several english channels
- cheaper than many other hotels (not sure if Cologne is just really pricey or if it was just the weekend we were there)
- clean, new towels each day etc
The bad points:
- it is a bit of a walk from the old town (about 20-25 mins) and from the ring area (10-15). It is sort of not close to anything itself. Walking is no problem - but it was raining all weekend so in this case it wasn't fantastic. There is no direct tube from close by to town either - you have to change.
- The pillows were really uncomfortable. The bed itself was fine though
- The shower had poor pressure - felt difficult to wash the shampoo out of your hair etc. But in saying that, it stayed warm.
- The cleaners started really early - every morning at 9am they'd knock on our door - I like to lie in on holiday so this was pretty annoying, they should at least wait till 10am.
Overall, it was a decent hotel, however I think compared to other hotels in Europe and the UK it was too pricey for what it was - but again, that may just be Cologne. If I were to go to Cologne again I would try and stay near the old town area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Windsor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.