We stayed at the Westin as part of our Silver Wedding Anniversary celebrations. You cannot fault the location and its accessibility to all that Paris has to offer. Once you get passed the impressive hotel entrance the rest of the hotel seems dark and in need of a refresh. There was a terrible smell in the ground floor area that lingered on for the 2 days we were there. The rooms are large but decorated in sombre colours, the bathrooms are a huge disappointment, small baths, old fashioned and lacking the amenities you would expect from a hotel of this class. No trouser press, shoe shine kits, umbrellas, mirror in the bedroom above the dressing table area etc......
The reception area was a nightmare to check in and check out with only 3 of the desks manned at the busiest of times whilst the Starwood preferred guest area was manned but no guests to check in. The Conciege area seemed to be where everything else happened - umbrellas, luggage deposit as well as information on restaurants and places of interest. If you needed anything you just had to stand in line and wait and wait.
The room where breakfast is served is the main restaurant for lunch and dinner and is decorated in a dark pink/red velvet theme. It just doesn't work as a breakfast area with dim lighting and a night club atmosphere.
The Spa and the Spa staff were a delight and the treatments offered a fantastic treat. It is in a very small area of the hotel but arranged very cleverily.
I would not return.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Paris - Vendome Hotel Paris
- The Westin Paris - Vendome Hotel
- Westin Paris
- Paris Westin
- Westin Hotel Paris
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Westin Paris. Overlooking the Tuileries Gardens and the Eiffel Tower, The Westin Paris is an idyllic retreat in the midst of the invigorating French capital. Savour the flavours of the City of Lights at le First, restaurant boudoir paris, which gives you a taste of the contemporary. Our Spa, a place to relax, revive and experience complete renewal, the first Six Senses in Paris – Six Senses at rue de Castiglione. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Otel, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Paris - Vendome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.