I stayed recently as a solo female traveller. Room was on the 4th floor, and I had no issues whatsoever with noise or room size as others have noted. However, I was staying Monday-Friday and not over the weekend which may be why others experienced problems with noise.
The room was clean upon arrival, and more than enough room for one person. The bathroom was also a good size, and the shower in particular was excellent. Location is also great - about 5-10 minutes walk to Waverley Station.
The only downside I found was the breakfast - I understand it is a limited stay hotel and breakfast reflects that. The hot food items were not nice, but if you're happy to eat cereal then you won't go hungry.
For the price I paid I was very happy, and would stay again when I return to Edinburgh.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.