We recently spent two days at Dunheanish and would recommend it highly. Quite apart from the furnishings which consisted of spotlessly decorated high ceilinged rooms with original Victorian features, the view was simply the best of any I have seen from a guest house and would make a stay there worthwhile. The downside was that the walk up from the town is quite steep although do-able. William and Linda were attentive and well-informed hosts and William who does 'front of house' has an easy and notable sense of humour. The breakfasts were delicious and the whole represents good value for money. I would only add beware of the car-park. It has some slightly alarming slopes. But if I visit Oban again this will be my first choice.
- Also Known As:
- Dunheanish Guest House Hotel Oban
- Dunheanish Guest House Hotel
- Dunheanish Guest House Oban, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- William and Linda would like to welcome you to Dunheanish Guest House, one of Oban's newest guest houses, an elegant detached Victorian villa beside Oban's landmark, McCaig’s Tower with stunning panoramic views overlooking Oban Bay and the surrounding islands of Kerrera, Lismore and Mull. Dunheanish is the perfect base for anyone who wants to have the town center 5 mins away, with easy access to shops, restaurants and the Caledonian MacBrayne ferry terminal. ... more less