This hotel is perfectly fine for a short stay, and it is conveniently located to public transit. The Great Portland Street station is a short walk, and even with luggage, easy to navigate. Nearby are restaurants, coffee shops, and a Sainsbury Local grocery.
The room and bath are somewhat small, but adequate. Everything is clean, modernized, and in working order. The maid service was excellent, and they worked around our lazy schedule. Check-in and check-out were a breeze, with a friendly, smiling staff. In fact, all staff were nice and helpful.
The breakfast is good with plenty of choices. They could improve the quality of the coffee, however. One breakfast manager, Grace, was great. She walked around, during her breaks of seating people, to check on tables, wait staff, and guests. And smiling.
We had a coupon for food and beverages in the hotel, and we dined in the restaurant a couple of times. Both my partner and I agreed that it was good and presented well.
My only complaint: Gouging for internet. I hate, hate, hate paying for internet anywhere, anytime. Marriott always provides it for free. I am a Gold member of Intercontinental Hotels Group and would like for IHG hotels to realize they impinge on guest's comfort and convenience when they make internet so expensive. I left the hotel several times to go to Starbuck's and to Villandry's, a nearby cafe, where they offered it free.
It is overall a nice hotel and kept up to a high standard, in terms of service, cleanliness, and staff friendliness. I would go back, but only after having looked for free internet at other hotels in the area first.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Regent`s Park Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Regent`s Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn London Park
- Holiday Inn London
- Regent London
- Holiday Inn Regents Park
- London Holiday Inn
- London Regent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn London Regent's Park hotel is ideally located near main attractions including Madame Tussauds and London Zoo, a short stroll to Lord's Cricket Ground, and the green open spaces of Regent's Park. We are also one of the most convenient central London Hotel's to Wembley Stadium via National Rail. The Holiday Inn is also very close to the famous shopping districts of Oxford Street and Regent Street. The hotel is easily accessible if travelling from Paddington, Euston or the Eurostar at Kings Cross St Pancras International Station. Leave your car in our NCP managed car park beneath the hotel as we are located just a 1 minute walk from the closest tube station which is Great Portland Street on the Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City Tube Lines. Also in very close proximity are the Victoria, Northern, Jubilee and Bakerloo Tube Lines. This makes exploring London's top attractions easy and convenient. Should you wish to enjoy comfort dining without leaving the hotel, our Junction Restaurant is a modern and contemporary eatery with both the individual traveller and families in mind. The Holiday Inn Regent's Park Junction Restaurant offers a wide range of menus, including an A la Carte and Table d’hote option as well as a pre theatre menu, and serves a variety of traditional and more international dishes. You will find a mouth-watering meal for every taste. The bar at London Regent's Park hotel has an extensive wine list and a full range of local, international beers and spirits which provides our guests with a great choice. Light meals and snacks are also served all day in the bar until 10.30 pm, and the bar is always open until late for guests staying in the hotel. All of the hotel's 332 rooms, made up of 264 Standard bedrooms and 68 Executive bedrooms which are allocated to our dedicated Executive floor, are double-glazed to help you enjoy a great night’s sleep. You will never be short of entertainment with our new state of the art TV system which has been installed throughout the hotel. The user-friendly interactive system gives access to the latest films before they are available on DVD/Blu-Ray and home Pay-TV. You can also enjoy 31 free-to air channels, 13 Radio stations as well as cartoons, favourite TV series, sit-coms and sports programs. For your central London accommodation whether it's for a short break, a long weekend or if you are in London for business, the Holiday Inn Regent's Park is a perfect place to stay. Our hotel is near the Eurostar International Terminal at Kings Cross St Pancras station - a major UK railway station located in Central London. St Pancras station has many facilities including shops, places to eat and drink and a daily farmers’ market. Hop on the Eurostar and enjoy a smooth comfortable journey to Paris, Brussels and Lille. It’s just an easy walk from the Regent's Park Hotel to London’s Theatres, including the London Palladium and Dominion, the shopping mecca of Oxford Street and Regent Street, and London's top attractions such as London Zoo, Madame Tussauds, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, the British War Museum and Hyde Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.