My family of four stayed at this hotel during the first week of April 2012. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and were delighted to be told that we had been upgraded to club level for our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. The water pressure in the bathroom was good. The blackout curtains close easily and block any light. We left the hotel for one night and returned for 3 more nights. When we returned, not only did we continue to enjoy the club status, but we were given a larger room with two double beds and a comfortable lounge area. It made the second half of our stay very enjoyable.
The location is perfect, close to the Gloucester Road tube, lots of shops and restaurants close by, as well as museums and Harrods. Still, it is a quiet area so it's peaceful to return there at the end of a long day of sightseeing.
I also want to mention how much we enjoyed our breakfasts in the club lounge. Giorgio took wonderful care of us. He made sure we had any breakfast item we needed and helped us arrange our daily plans. Giorgio is a keeper. The Crowne Plaza is lucky to have him. We wanted to take him home.
I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Kensington
- Holiday Inn London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.