Chesterfield Mayfair lived up to its reputation - and more!
We (my wife and I) stayed 2 nights 18/19th February. Room was a good size, clean, with good fittings etc. Bathroom was more than adequate for the two of us. The room was tidied twice daily, with a little extra care, and treats, demonstrated at all times. The hotel service was excellent with very attentive and helpful staff without being obtrusive.
Brreakfast was as good as anywhere we have stayed and we dined at the hotel one night - food, andaccompanying wine list, was spot on!! And very good value... The bar was a delight with a live jazz pianist, classy and good to listen too.
The location of the hotel is as good as it gets. Within walking distance of the shops around Bond Street / and Oxford Street. We visited Selfridges / Fortnums etc. We also visited the Hockney Exhibition at the RA, tickets obtained by the hotel. Wow - a must and makes you proud to be a Northerner!
Another must is Scotts Restaurant, again within walking distance of the hotel. Probably some of the best fish courses I have had, though it is expensive! Also on Mount Street is the Audley - 5 minutes from Scotts - a great pub / we spent Sunday afternoon in the Audley with a bottle of Pinot Gris, the Observer, and a buzzing atmosphere - justy what you want on your weekend break.
We also dined at Moro the day we travelled home - another highlty recommended restaurant, an easy Underground ride from the hotel. Moro is as good as the reviews - but we booked 3 months before we arrived in London! If you like the flavours of Spain and north Africa - you must give it a go
All in all a great weekend....
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London
- Chesterfield Mayfair
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded "Best in Class" 2010 in the AA Inspectors’ Choice Awards, The Chesterfield Mayfair continues to be celebrated for its style, comfort, and exalted levels of personal service and is Mayfair’s only hotel to receive this prestigious award in 2010. Discreetly tucked away near Berkeley Square and a mere stone's throw from Green Park Tube station, the quiet, calm and efficient service blended with supreme comfort characterize this deluxe four-star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Occupancy Marketing, Priceline, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity, Olotels and Otel so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.