My wife and I loved it here so much that we decided to stay a day longer than we originally planned. The house is stunning and well done, perched on a hill overlooking the bay. Our room was gorgeous, with dark wood and a very nice bathroom. The open common area, with comfortable seating and hammocks, is a great place to enjoy the view or read a book. The dock is perfect for the same or for taking a nap in the afternoon when the house is too warm. The grounds are really nice too, with lots of different animals roaming around (chickens, dogs, cows).
Erika and Jose were lovely hosts. Erika always found time to chat with us which we really appreciated. Their kids are adorable and though we didn't mind them at all, Erika made sure they gave us some space.
The meals and drinks were excellent. Our only suggestion would be to offer a bread basket or fruit with dinner as we were sometimes still hungry.
The Hideaway is highly secluded, peaceful, and incredibly relaxing place to be. We recommend taking the canoe out to find dolphins and making friends with Mickey, their resident parrot.
We hope to be back one day!
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Bay Hideaway Hotel Isla San Cristobal
- Dolphin Bay Hideaway Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, peaceful hideout surrounded by the beauty of nature ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Dolphin Bay Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.