First time I waved my key to get in the room. First time I selected my floor from outside the elevator and an arrow directed me to the quickest elevator. There are no buttons to push in the elevator. You just get on and it stops at the floor you selected. This must be the newest trend. I liked it! The decor was pretty sleek; the rooms were nice and comfortable and also had a mini fridge. We were asked at check in if we wanted to upgrade the room to a "view room" for $25 and we opted for it. Not sure if it was worth it. We were up high (30th floor) and had a room facing the water; however there were a few higher hotels in front of ours, so it was just a so-so view. But, you could see some of the mountains, so if money isn't an object you might consider it.
We ate lunch in the hotel restaurant and it was very good. Also has a Starbucks in the lobby so that was convenient. The hotel is about 5 blocks (short blocks) from the convention center. There are also yummy restaurants nearby. The Italian Kitchen and The Cactus Club were both excellent. There was a wine merchant store and a nice grocery store both about 5 blocks up the road on Burrard Street (walking away from the water). I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hyatt Regency Vancouver Hotel
- Hyatt Vancouver
- Vancouver Hyatt Regency
- Vancouver Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cosmopolitan. Urbane. Stylish. From the moment you arrive at the Four Diamond Hyatt Regency Vancouver, it’s clear there’s more here than meets the eye. Be treated to plush amenities and uncompromising service in a downtown Vancouver hotel that boasts the largest guestrooms, most impressive meeting and event facilities, romantic wedding venues, and accomplished catering staff of any accommodation in Vancouver.Help green the planet with a stay at Hyatt Regency Vancouver. The first downtown hotel to be awarded five keys, the highest rating, by the HAC Green Key Program our Vancouver Hyatt uses the services of Bullfrog Power (100% green electricity from wind power) for all its meeting rooms.Let the luxurious Hyatt Regency Vancouver be your ideal starting point to explore everything this dynamic city offers. Freshly updated to reflect the excitement and vibrancy of Vancouver, our hotel is surrounded by the bustling business center; moments from unique shops and engaging entertainment. For business travel or vacation, reward yourself with a stay at the favored choice of hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.