We stayed at this apartment in September for a total duration of three nights. In general we liked the place, but it had a few downsides as well.
- Location: only 6 blocks from the train that takes you to YVR airport. It is centrally located, with downtown Vancouver, grocery stores (Safeway and Whole Foods), restaurants, internet cafés, Stanley Park, bicycle rental places etc. all located within walking distance
- Spacious apartment.
- Beautiful view of the city and the mountains. We had asked for a room with a view to the north on a higher floor, and got one, which gave beautiful views both at day and at night. The balcony is a nice extra.
- The price: it was the cheapest hotel in the downtown area, plus because it has a kitchen, we saved even more money by not having to eat out every night, as Vancouver is an expensive city.
- Despite being in downtown Vancouver, it was quiet in the apartment.
- The hotel seemed like it had been renovated a few years ago (maybe for the Olympics?), and since then not much has been done for maintenance. For example the ‘Hotel’-sign only had ‘Ho’ lit up at night, there were stains in the curtains, the kitchen was not very clean (we had to do dishes before we were able to use them, as there was still dirt from previous users on them), the elevator did not respond to ‘door close’, etc. Nothing was in an unacceptable condition, also we didn’t see any bugs, but I wonder whether the hotel would get the 3.5 star rating as it has been rated by if it would be rated nowadays.
- The hotel room was pretty cold. When we asked the receptionist, we got a space heater, but that only helped a little.
In general we had a pleasant stay at the hotel, and some of the comments here on Tripadvisor we could not relate to at all: for example the windows did have shades (7th floor) even during the day it was pretty dark in the room. The staff was friendly and helpful, the bed was comfortable, we got warm water in the shower instantly etc.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Hotel Vancouver
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Riviera Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.