Stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night – quite satisfied with the hotel and amenities.
Shuttle – phoned for the shuttle from the airport and was told that it would be there in twenty minutes. The shuttle arrived as promised and the driver was very friendly. The Calgary airport has blocked off the main road between the hotel strip and the airport, meaning you have to go around the new runway to get towards the main part of Calgary or the hotel strip. Thus the twenty minute wait is quite reasonable.
Check-in – fast and courteous. In the room in minutes.
Had a King Executive – large room with sitting area. Very nice. The only thing that didn’t make any sense was that the sitting area did not have any lights to read. Flat screen televisions in both the sitting area and across from the bed. Desk, and also an armchair by the bed. Wet bar and bar fridge. Complimentary wireless Internet.
Bathroom was quite big with a huge shower – but no tub if you like that instead.
Bed was firm but not hard. Hypoallergenic pillows and comforter – nice touch.
Room and furnishings are all fairly new and in good condition.
Fitness area – quite small – one elliptical, one bike, and one treadmill. One small rack of dumbbells.
Pool is on the smaller side and has one waterslide.
Complimentary Breakfast – very good selection – toast, English muffins, bagels, eggs, bacon, pancakes, four different juices, coffees, tea, sweet rolls and various fruits.
Only had a carryon bag for the airplane so didn’t bring shave cream – the hotel has complimentary shave cream, razors, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
Two things I didn’t like – one is there really isn’t much around in the way of restaurants if you don’t have a car. Short cab ride down to a bunch though. Moxie’s restaurant is also in the next hotel. The second thing was that you could hear noise from the hallway if people were loud.
Would I stay here again – yes.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary Hotel Calgary
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Airport - Calgary
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary
- Calgary Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Calgary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Holiday Inn Express Airport Calgary’s outstanding guest service and expect a great rest in one of our 101 elegant and spacious guest rooms. Located south of Calgary International Airport (YYC). Hotel amenities include free airport shuttle, free wired and wireless high-speed internet access, business centre, pool and waterslide, fitness centre and guest laundry. Each guest room includes at least one 32” LCD TV, large work desk with ergonomic chair, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and voice-mail. Our complimentary Express Start Hot Breakfast Bar is served every morning in our Great Room – start your morning off right with the world’s best tasting cinnamon roll.Jetting out on a vacation ? - leave your vehicle here unattended for just $7/day for a maximum 7 days. The Holiday Inn Express Airport Calgary would love to be the host of your next corporate or leisure meeting. We have a variety of meeting rooms to accommodate between 10 to 100 people. Family suites and jacuzzi suites available for the perfect weekend getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.