First of all, I want to say sorry to all the people who wrote a review trying to warn me about booking at this hotel. That being said, here's my thoughts to whom it may concern!
My sister and I stayed here for a week in january. Thought a 3.5 star rating would be ok/sufficient. The service desk/help wasn't really that friendly....the room: No waste basket in either the bedroom or bathroom....no fridge as said there would be, so had to call for one....AC unit dripping all over the floor....one lamp broken/didn't work, lightbulb piece hanging down....TV giving us trouble, had to call down to get that fixed....BUT here's the real kicker! We used the hotel phone to call our families with a CALLING CARD. At the end of the stay, we get the bill for extra expenses for $70!!! HUH? Well, NOWHERE does it say that you pay a fee of $1.50 to use the room phone, just by dialing 9 and the number (calling card)! So, basically we spent more money on those hotel fees than on the actual calling card!! Even though it was less than a minute of call time, we were still charged the $1.50. AARRGHHHHH....My advice, don't call out for pizza!
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Amalie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Charlotte Amalie
- Windward Passage Hotel St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windward Passage Hotel is truly your bargain in paradise. We are perfect for business travelers and the ideal choice for short stays and shopping trips. Centrally located, overlooking the picturesque Charlotte Amalie harbor, we are within walking distance of the major downtown shopping district and an even shorter walk away from the ferry and seaplane docks for transit to nearby islands. Transfer to the beaches is convenient for all our guests, so they miss out on nothing on our tropical island. Our Ocean View Rooms boast a breath-taking view of the harbor and our staff is courteous and friendly. We are constantly updating and improving our facilities to serve you better. You are welcome to stop by and pay us a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Loews Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Amex, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Windward Passage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.