When we first arrived to Reef Residence we weren't overwhelmed with the facilities, hospitality, etc but as we checked around to the places we "almost stayed" we were glad we had made the decision we had. It was nothing fancy but the rooms were large and clean and stocked pretty well with most everything we needed. It was super convenient to the beach and to snorkeling but would disagree with some earlier reviews saying you don't need a car. Unless you plan on cooking every meal in your place or eating at Somewhere Cafe for every meal, you will need a car. Otherwise taxis charge per person and it really adds up.
It was nice to have a pool but as a recent review said, it did not look very well kept or clean. The water was murky and just not too appealing. And regarding the same review about the umbrellas on the beach, we shared the same sentiment. There were not enough umbrellas and it was the same people every day who had the umbrellas and the real problem was that people would get up early each morning and save a line of 8 chairs with umbrellas. We'd arrive at 8AM on the beach to chairs with towels but no people and two hours later there was still no-one actually using them...just saving them. It was frustrating and non considerate. Where as in actuality, if everyone had been considerate and only occupied the chairs and umbrellas when they were actually using them, rather than saving them for the day, it probably would have worked out for everyone. The other negative for us was the size of the pool compared to the number of kids. We like kids and feel that the kids had a right to enjoy the pool as well, but bc of the size, when the kids were enjoying the pool, splashing, yelling, etc, we really couldn't enjoy it but waited for the kids to leave so we could peacefully swim or float around (impossible otherwise).
All in all we would stay there again as we just can't see the value of paying so much more for a large resort. It was quiet at night, safe, rooms were cleaned nicely each day.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Hotel
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These 24, two-level Bermuda style residences embrace the charm of the islands. At the center of the three buildings is a free-form pool and whirlpool Jacuzzi. The tranquil atmosphere includes lavish landscaping of fragrant frangipani, hibiscus, brillian bougainvillea and palms. All suites have fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances, living rooms, dining area, bedroom with king-size bed and master bathroom. The lower level suites have a second bathroom with a shower. A spa and fitness center featuring state-of-the-art health club equipment is located on site. Daily maid service is included. The famous snorkeling reef is a 200 ft. walk down a paved walk way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Reef Residences on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.