Let me preface this review by saying that we stayed at the all-star Ladera Resort for the first part of our trip, so it may not be a fair comparison. It was a nice change to stay at an air-conditioned close to the beach all-inclusive resort. No doubt. Love that we didn't have to pay a dime for food, cocktails or room service. The pool and swim up bar was nice, and the beach access was great. And the rooms were lovely and spacious and modern.
The staff was pretty rude overall though. And, the food was TERRIBLE. Maybe it was just off when we were there, but we literally had inedible food for some of our meals. So while it was all-inclusive, we didn't feel like it was the greatest value since we didn't enjoy the food all too much. Loved our couples' massage though. Wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Hotel
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.