My husband and I just returned from the Barcel Bavaro Palace Deluxe, Punta Cana yesterday. The pros are that it's beautiful, a gigantic resort, well groomed, well staffed, clean beach, clean pools. The cons are that the service in almost every area is very poor, restaurants are poorly run, food is just okay (and I'm no food snob), there always seems to be some confusion at the front desk, and communication in any other language than spanish is very difficult.
As for the restaurants. We made our reservations upon arrival as suggested by others on here. The earliest reservation we could get was 9:30pm, not a real problem for us while on vacation. Truth be told though we preferred the buffet.....the food selection and serving ourselves seemed to work best.
Overall, our feeling was it was a beautiful place but we would never go back. Some things I personally didn't like was the fact that you don't get served drinks while at the pool or beach(you have to go to the bar), you have to be fully dressed to eat anywhere. A nice outside food cabana would have been great. While some people may like big resorts I personally didn't. I think it makes it a less personal experience with no real culture. Also, I understand that we are in their country but not only did most of them speak NO english or even attempt to communicate they are not overlly friendly about anything and definitely move at an island speed. I found the customer service in Mexico to be 100x better.
If you just want a huge clean impersonal resort then this is the place. You may have to walk a long way to your room but yes there are many different restaurants, lots of beach and lots of pools.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe*****, a unique and unrepeatable locationon the best beach of Punta Cana, protected by a coral reef that converts the sea into a natural swimming pool.This an all-inclusive luxury gastronomic hotel is a new concept in luxury on the best beach in Punta Cana.All the rooms have terrace and sea views (front or partial) and jacuzzi for two persons with hydrotherapy, Well-being of the latest generation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.