Our family (18 adults, 6 children) just got back from a weeks vacation at the Hard Rock in Punta Cana. Although we had a good time at the resort, i am sure we will never go back to the Dominican Republic. Both of our travel days were complete nightmares...painfully long lines keeping us hours in the airport. On arrival we were a good two hours in a line for before we even got our bags...then of course another long line after we got our bags... When we finally did get to the resort it was a really long process before we could get to our room....really long lines to check in and then an additional time to sit with one of the staff to get the credits expained. After a long day of traveling and such a excrutiating experience at the airport a speedy check in process in would have been much appreciated...that was not the case.
Dont get too excited about the resort credits...you can only use them at one store on property which had nothing we would even want to take home. We stayed one week so were given $1500 in resort credits. Only $300 of that could be used at the spa but getting an appt was even more of a challenge. The offer several tours but every time we tried to book one the computers were down and who wants to keep waiting in lines?!! We did not purchase any of the photos or use the golf course. THe other thing you could use them for was a lobster dinner but for $150/pp but really, at an all inclusive place why would you spend any $$ on food? Part of the family did do the lobster dinner and felt it was a waste. We left having only spent $150 of the $1500.
ON a positive note...All of the staff was friendly, helpful and professional. Pools and beach were very nice and it was never a problem to find empty chairs. Waitstaff at pool areas was very efficient and cooks at kids pool grill worked tirelessly all day long. THe girls who were in charge of activities for the kids were very wonderful, always inviting the kids to participate. One of them, whose name was Mercedes, was especially warm, kind and friendly. She always made a point of inviting my son when they were going to do an activity poolside. All of the staff seem to work very hard and seem truly sincere in their desire to do a great job.
Lastly, on a very negative note was our departure day....We arrived at the airport only to be waiting hours in lines. Thank goodness our flight was delayed an hour or i'm sure we would have missed it. Hugest nightmare travel day ever...we will never go back to Dominican Republic, it was just not worth the aggravation of the travel days.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Punta Cana
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Resort All Inclusive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1,787 room Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is situated on pristine sugar white sands stretching 121-acres along Macao Beach in the Dominican Republic. Hard Rock’s first all inclusive hotel and casino exudes lavish five-star amenities and personal service to create the ultimate rock star getaway. Among the resort’s many offerings are luxe accommodations, the signature Rock Spa®, 18-hole Nicklaus designed golf course, iconic music memorabilia and a larger-than-life Vegas-style casino – the largest in the Dominican Republic, featuring Oro nightclub. Guests also enjoy 15 expansive pools, four swim-up bars, a kids pool and lazy river. A variety of gourmet dining options are available through the resort’s nine restaurants, with Mansion by Simon by the famed Rock n Roll Chef Kerry Simon, set to open in 2013. The property also features more than 65,000 square-feet of flexible event and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Orbitz, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.