This resort was really disappointing. The rooms, while perfectly clean, were very outdated with old, worn out furniture and a bath that had seen better days. This resort was sold to us as a "4 star resort", which it most definitely was not.
1) The all inclusive package included food in the buffet, restaurants and snack bar; and drinks. The snack bar offered burgers and pizza, all of which had a bizzare taste to them, and they are hardly what you want to eat in 30 C heat. There were no ice creams included in the all inclusive – these had to be bought at the shop on site.
2) The cocktails, while advertised on the website as being served in proper glasses with fresh fruit decoration were served in cheap plastic cups with generic 'mixed fruit' juice poured in top of the alcohol of your choice. Not quite what you expect from a four star resort.
3) The website advertises a buffet restaurant and 3 a la carte restaurants, however only one of the a la cartes was open about once a week. The 'Italian' a la carte restaurant actually had a buffet starter and dessert, and an a la carte main menu, with around 6 options. Only one of these options was italian (lasagna), while the others were things like lamb chops and chicken. My friend had the lamb chops, which were actually just fat and bones. The food in the buffet was horrible, and there were often flies on the fruit and the salads. The desserts were normally just a big cake, some fruit and jelly. There was a snack bar at the beach as well as in the resort which served burgers and hot dogs, again they had a strange taste to them. I would rather have eaten school dinners for two weeks.
4) Do not go here if you want to lie by the pool in peace and quiet. Loud dance music is played by the pool all day as well as by the beach. There is also entertainment like step aerobics and a strange 'sexy legs' competition, which, in my opinion, was pretty inappropriate for a family resort in the daytime and also appeared to be sexualising some of the younger teenage girls. Also, this is one of the only hotels in the resort complex which admits locals, which meant that the resort was very loud and busy during the weekends, with lots of children.
5) There was loud night time entertainment (i.e. karaoke) which we did not go to, but we could hear it in our room. The whole resort gave the impression of being the Butlins of the Dominican Republic.
6) We were pestered quite a lot by the local men, both at the beach (trying to show us around their hotel) and in the resort, even by the staff. Quite a few of the men would stare and hiss at us, while one of the first things some of the bartenders said to us was, ‘Are you single?’.
Overall, I really would not recommend this resort. We found it cheap on the internet and thought it was a good deal, however we definitely should have read more reviews before we booked – it appears some other people have also had bad experiences.
-Claire (and Laurie)
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC